All the information you need about your character is found in the character window,
or paper doll. To access your character window, double-click your character.
Moving Your Character
- To move your character, click and hold the right mouse button towards the hand-shaped cursor. The further away from your character you keep the cursor, the faster you move.
- To pathfind (automatically move around obstacles in order to reach your destination so long as it is within your line of sight), double-click the right mouse button at a selected point.
- To follow another character, press and hold alt + left-click that character. To stop following, press and hold alt + left-click your character.
Interacting with Others
- To see another character?s name and information, mouse over that character.
- To access another person?s character window (Peace mode only), doubleclick that character with your left mouse button.
- To speak to another character, type what you wish to say, then press enter. Your speech appears directly above your character.
- For more information on interacting and communicating with others, visit the Playguide at guide.uo.com.
Items and Inventory
- To get an item?s name, mouse over the item.
- To move an item, click and drag the item to your desired destination.
- To place an item in your inventory, drag an item into your character or backpack.
- To trade an item to another player, drag the item onto their character.
- To drop an item, drag it from your backpack then release the mouse button.
- To use an item, double-click it with your left mouse button. If a targeting cursor appears, you must target another object on which to use the item. (To do so, click the object you wish to target.)
- To open a container, double-click it with your left mouse button. The container opens and its contents are displayed in a window.
- Note: Items in your backpack can be stacked on top of one another, so move items around if you cannot find what you are looking for at first glance.
- To access in-game help, double-click your character to open the character window, then click HELP.
- My character is stuck - Choose the STUCK option from the menu under the Help button by left-clicking the green arrow. After a few minutes you are teleported to a city of your choice.
- Another player is harassing me - Use the Help button and report harassment by left-clicking the appropriate green arrow. For non-verbal abuses such as offensive names or profiles, please page a Game Master (GM) by clicking HELP, then selecting OTHER.
- Other gameplay problems - Use the Help button and select OTHER. This automatically pages a GM to come and help you.
- For more Ultima Online help - View the Playguide at guide.uo.com.
Exiting the Game
- To leave the game, open your character window (paper doll) and select LOG OUT.
- Make sure you are in a safe place - like an Inn or your home with the door closed - before you log out. It can take up to 5 minutes for a character to leave the world, so if you log out in a dangerous area, your character might be attacked without you knowing it.