Hey everyone, today I will cover the flashpoint The Battle for Ilum. This is one of three level 50 flashpoints. It is a medium sized flashpoint, taking on average about 30 minutes to complete.
Gark the Indomitable
This is the first boss you will encounter. He has 102k HP. This boss has some basic abilities that can be interrupted but most important part of the fight is the adds that spawn.
- Hail of Bolts - Conal channeled attack, can be interrupted. Make sure the boss is turned away from the rest of the group.
- Concussive Round - knocks the target down if not interrupted.
Three adds will spawn periodically, they are called Allied Gamorrean Grunt and will gang up on the healer if not picked up. These adds only have 5k HP and can be killed quickly.
Overall very easy and short fight.
SWTOR-Flashpoint The Battle for Ilum - Gark the Indomitable
Velasu Graege & Drinda-Zel
These two come together, Velasu is ranged while Drinda is a melee. They both needs to be taunted and picked up by the tank as failure to do will cause one of them to gang up on random party members. There are also 4 turrets that will shoot things at your party.
Velasu have the following abilities
- Concussion Missile
- Concussion Charge (will push tank back if he/she gets too close)
Drinda likes to do Force lighting which can stun whoever he is attacking.
We killed Drinda first, Velasu next and then the 4 turrets.
SWTOR-Flashpoint- The battle of Ilum - Velasu Graege & Drinda -Zel
This is the most challenging boss in the flashpoint. He comes with two adds initially and has the following abilities.
- Stun: 3-4 second stun on all party members, he does this right before he summon 4 adds. This is indicated visually by the appearance of the holographic icons.
- Adds: 4 adds pop that don't have a lot of HP but they hit hard (800 to 1.3 k damage per hit) so if they are not picked up they will gang up on the healer. These spawn right behind where Krel stands.
- Random target: This will put a lot of stress on healers as Krel loves to randomly target a group member and fire his abilities at them. This makes a challenging fight for the healer to keep everyone alive (can have that person being targeting try to LOS the attack but this isn't really necessary in normal mode)
- Defense screen & Proximity probe: He casts Defense Screen Projector every other wave of adds, starting with the first wave. This pretty much make him immune to damage for a short duration but can be interrupted (1.5 s cast). If any melee tries to damage him at this time, they will be counter with proximity probe which will knock them back and pretty much one shot them (one shots the tank with 7 K HP left). So when you see this shield up, don't melee him or this will happen to you!
So pretty much for this fight, kill the adds when they pop, interrupt the defensive shield casting if you can or otherwise don't damage him when the shield is up (especially melee tanks/DPS). It can get a bit rough.
SWTOR-flashpoint The Battle of Ilum - Krel Thak
Very easy mini-boss before the last boss of the instance. He comes with a whole bunch of adds including an elite Forsaken Sith Marauder that can be CC'ed. The rest of the adds are either Weak or Strong type of mobs. One of them was a healer so we killed him first.
This is the last boss of the flashpoint. He comes with one add that should be killed ASAP.
First phase of the fight is largely tank and spank except periodically he likes to grab a crystal shard and throw it at a party member, hitting them for 3-4 k damage. He also does something called Dark Blast on the tank (it's a purple circle thingie). As a sith sorc, it is nice to shield everyone in the party with your static barrier, absorbing some of the damage from the crystal shard.
After this phase, he goes to phase 2 where he goes invisible and pop up right beside a random party member and grab them into the the air and stun them with lighting. At the same time he likes to grab another crystal shard and smack someone else with it.
Aggro seems to reset from this so tank may need to taunt him again. He will does the invisible thingie twice and then go back to phase 1.
The rest of the fight is pretty much a repeat of alternating phase 1 and 2.
SWTOR-Flashpoint-The Battle of Ilum-Darth Serevin