SMITE is an online battleground between mythical gods. Players choose from a selection of gods, join session based arena combat and use custom powers and team tactics against other players and minions. SMITE is inspired by Defense of the Ancients (DotA) but instead of being above the action, the third-person camera brings you right into the combat. And, instead of clicking a map, you use WASD to move, dodge, and fight your way through the detailed graphics of SMITE's battlegrounds.
SMITE has kicked off on May 31st. The official announced that there will be no character wipe for those who have already been involved in testing and that players will be able to try out seventeen characters.
Be a GodCut through your enemies, encase them in ice, or drown them in a vortex of souls. Assume direct control of your godlike avatar and experience the MOBA genre up close with the game camera directly behind your character. Choose from a long list of well known and more obscure gods, each with their own history, special abilities, and unique playstyle.
Tactical GameplayMaster your godlike abilities and use them to fulfill key roles such as damage dealer, tanking, crowd control, and support. Explore the map and defeat NPC enemies for increased gold and unit buffs. Deny your opponents’ victory with well-placed stuns and calculated ambushes.
Mythical SettingFive players battle five opposing players on a fire-themed battleground. The end objective is a Boss Minotaur, protected by three flaming Phoenixes. Within the jungle, there are Cyclops NPC camps as well as the legendary Fire Giant.
Power UpWithin a single match, your god levels from 1 to 20. Your powers gain strength and you purchase in-game items and consumables to benefit your god and support your personal playstyle - buffing your Magical power, Physical power, Defense or Utility capabilities.
Calculated StrikesEvery attack in SMITE is a skill shot controlled by you. Ranged attacks are aimed, melee attacks are positional, and Area of Effect damage must be ground-targeted. Predict your enemies' movements and hit your mark as you experience fast-paced combat.
Free-to-PlayPlayers have access to an initial set of playable gods for free. Everything affecting gameplay can be earned by playing the game. Additional gods are unlocked through gameplay time or more quickly through micro-transactions. Cosmetic skins can be purchased for further customization.
Closed Beta Features included:
Many features on the development roadmap are not in the Closed Beta build.
Also, one purpose of the Beta is to gather player stats and metrics related to god balance, item strength and character progression. Based on this, players should expect that god powers, item powers, NPC strength, gamerules and features will change during Beta.
The following features, although not necessarily at their final level of final polish, are included:
- Action Combat - Assume direct control of your god and experience the MOBA genre up close with the game camera directly behind your character. Choose from a long list of well known and more obscure gods, each god with their own history, 4 special abilities, and unique playstyle. Maneuver your character with WASD and aim your skill-shot attacks (melee, range, and ground-target) using the mouse.
- 5v5 PvP - Five players battle five opposing players on a fire-themed battleground with mythical setting. The end objective is a Boss Minotaur, protected by three flaming Phoenixes. Within the jungle, there are NPC camps as well as the legendary Fire Giant.
- Practice Mode - Test out god abilities in a single-lane match against NPC opponent.
- Team Text Chat - Coordinate with team-mates via text chat, and built in voice macro system for commonly used directives.
- Current List of Gods
- Greek: Zeus, Hades, Arachne, Artemis
- Norse: Odin, Ymir, Hel,
- Chinese: Sun WuKong, He Bo, Ao Kuang
- Eyptian: Anubis, Ra, Bastet, Sobek
- Hindu: Kali, Vamana, Agni
Some features NOT included in current Beta but planned for future:
- Friends List
- Join As Party
- Spectator Mode
- Ranked Games/Ladder System
- Profiles - Ability to view and browse your match history and detailed player stats
- Skins - Ability to customize the look of your favorite gods
- In addition we will continue to introduce new gods and new cosmetic skins over time
More info of SMITE will be added soon!