Original From: Mordakai
Capital Cities and Other Places
- Divinity's Reach Capital of Kryta, and confirmed Human starting city.
- Rata Sum Confirmed capital and starting city of the Asura
- Iron Citadel Charr capital, possible starting location for Charr characters. Built by Iron Legion on the ruins of the human city of Rin.
- Hoelbrak Norn capital.(Working...)
- The Grove Assumed to be the location of the Pale Tree that grows the Sylvari race. The Sylvari capital/starting location may be here or near the Henge of Denravi, but this is not confirmed.(Working)
- Durmand Priory is a monastery hidden in the Shiverpeaks. It contains many volumes of information rescued from Lion's Arch during the flood by the Order of Whispers, who remain its guardians to this day. It is named after Durmand, a master Historian who established the truth about the rise of the White Mantle, the Tengu accords and the Battle of Jahai, among other things.
- Kodan Iceberg Home of new polar bear race, the Kodan.
- Ebonhawke Last Ascalon stronghold versus the Charr. Located where the Blazeridge and Shiverpeak Mountains merge. Probable location of some casual PvP events. Probable outpost that leads to Charr controlled areas of Ascalon.
- Lion's Arch The new "Battle Isles", populated by pirates, mercenaries and the priests of Balthazar. Here will probably be GvG battles, the GW2 version of Hero's Hall, and other PvP events.
- Ascalon City Now a literal ghost city, the eternal defenders of Ascalon fight friend and foe alike. (Expect Mission to return legendary swords to their rightful owners to quell the spirit of King Adelbern and his followers).
- Corrupted Orr Orrian dragon Zhaitan's homebase, will probably be end-game or elite area. "Only the greatest of heroes dare venture within the ruined cities of Orr; to adventure there is to face the dragon and its minions directly, and that creature's power is not to be underestimated."
- Sorrow's Furnace confirmed to be in GW2 by Ree Soesbee in interview. Possibly controlled by Dredge.
- Hrangmer After the fall of the Titans and Kalla Scorchrazor’s rebellion, the Flame Legion was overthrown and cast down. With their mystic power shattered and their Shamans reviled, they barely had enough strength left to fight off the other legions and stay alive. The broken legion retreated northeast to their primary citadel at Hrangmer.