- • 2000 the beginning of the end of the national political system on Earth
• 2007 general restructuring measures were enacted by the Global Trade Organization
• 2007 final development of the space station
• 2009 first ion-emitting plasma thruster
• 2014 Construction began on the Luna Dome
• 2019 Luna Dome was completed
• 2015 the DMP (Deep Mars Probe) returned to Earth with its findings and a manned expedition was undertaken
• 2022 the Martian Terraforming project was begun
• 2024 The UGTO was formed
• 2049 The Centauri project launched
• 2054 Barnard system reached
• 2067 Ocotat joined the UGTO
• 2077 First Stellar Conflict, UGTO appoints Whitworth as Grand Chancellor
• 2094 The Stellar Freedom Alliance begins anti UGTO activities in the Farstars
• 2112 The Second Stellar Conflict begins
• 2114 The Sol loyal systems once again prevailed over the Farstars
• 2125 The Free Trade League declared the Farstar systems as an independent sovereign government, the ICC is formed.
2 History of explored spaceIn order to understand the current state of affairs in known space one must delve back all the way to the beginning of the
millennium on the planet Earth. Events unfolding at that time on the Mother Planet laid the foundations for the current socio-economic situation across the known galaxy.
Most historians agree that the year 2000 was the beginning of the end of the national political system on Earth and the beginning of the global economic era. The result of free trade agreements between all nations led to world spanning corporations wielding more power than any individual government could muster. The national governments found that the multinational corporations had tied their hands and in order to survive they played along with whatever corporate interests were strongest in their region. After the general restructuring measures were enacted by the Global Trade Organization in 2007 the establishment of worldwide economic zoning further undermined the importance of national governments. Under zoning mandated by the GTO local areas were given a productivity rating that had more of an impact on the zoned areas than their own national governments. From this point on national governments were no more than elaborate stages that the global corporations used to publicly communicate.
Meanwhile space exploration was booming on two fronts, the first was heavy industry, the second was tourism. These went hand in hand at the Luna Station.
If you're interested in it,please click here for more information !