||Game Title: AQWorlds|
|Genre: Browser-based, MMORPG|
|Developer: Artix Entertainment|
|Publisher: Artix Entertainment|
|Status: Open Beta|
|Official Site: http://www.aqworlds.com/|
After two months of Progressive Beta, AdventureQuest Worlds finally opened its door to pubilc, at the noon of Friday 10th,Oct! You can freely create a account and try this real, honest to goodness massively multiplayer game that plays in your web browser now.
Inspired by Artix Entertainment's three previous games, AQWorlds is a 100% browser based game with real time combat, original art, and an entire world to explore. Battle monsters and obtain weapons, armor, pets and items.
Let's see what changes in this release:
New Zones & Quests
In Friday's release the map was updated with all the available areas in the game. The bubbles above quest-givers head are now red like a button. Click on them to access quests. The new zones proably contain two dozen new quests for you to complete!
- Noobshire: Every other MMO seems to have you killing Rats at level one... it only makes sense that in OUR game you defend them! Featuring special NPC... Rolith!
- The River: The Zardman fishers and a HUGE... well.. you beter just see this for yourself. Stop a water elemental before he floods all of the river villages!
- Guru Swamp: Filled with otherworldly and magical creatures including a giant organic creature called Wisteria.
- Willow Creek: A complete recreation of the classic AdventureQuest area. Unravel the mystery of a strange creature that has been terrorizing the small town of Willow Creek. Uncover more than a few surprises!
- Pirate area made permanant: Elissa Cutthroat is now a permanent character in AQWorlds (I guess you are getting a new special event next Talk like a Pirate's day) and will be training you eye-patch wearing types.
- New Quests: Re-explore the world to find new quests. For example, Aria now has a complete quest chain at her pet shop.
First New Classes!
Four new trainers can be found in Battle on! Thok the warrior, Metrea the Rogue, Juvania the Healer, and Volcana the Mage Trainer. Each of them offer quests and Members will be able to obtain cool new versions of the base classes with all new art. If those amazing weapons the trainer's are wielding have you drooling...they will be selling slimiar versions at the end of their quest chains!
Brand new Classes!
- Assassin: Currently uses Rogue skill set
- Beast: Currently uses Warrior skill set
- Paladin: New skillset!
For Different Types of Players:
Members (Upgraded Accounts)
Get full access to AdventureQuest worlds! Use member-only items, helms, and capes. Equip pets and use special shops including powerful enchancement shops. Upgrade during this opening month and you will get Founder status! Upgrade your Account.
If you upgrade your account during the first month, your account will be recognized as a "Founder of AdventureQuest Worlds." Not only is it proof that you were here at the very beginning, you will also be able to obtain the special Founders-only Dragon pet. This honor will never be available again.
Free Players (Guests)
All players are now welcome to create a AQWorlds account and play. You can explore the world, switch classes, battle monsters and go on quests! But at this time, chat is not enabled on guest accounts. Because the chat filters and moderators are not ready to handle it. They are working on this - just need time!
5 Game Servers
Right now there are five servers online in three type:
- Moglin Safe Servers: These servers are suitable for players of all ages. The reason this type of server is safe is because no chat is allowed at all on them, only messages pre-selected by the team can be sent.
- Regular Servers: These servers are just like what you saw in Beta.
- Member-Only server: They converted the Alpha & Beta Server (You know him better as Sir Ver) to the first Member-Only Server.
- Player Parties
- Friends List
- Import Character Data from AQ/DF/MQ
- PvP Areas
- Boss Monster AI