- You need some Knockout Powder to make render your target unconscious. Knockout Powder can only be bought in specific shops in secret. Express your intention for kidnapping to the shopkeeper secretly. After the shopkeeper confirms that you're not entrapping him, he'll offer you over 10 kinds of Knockout Powder. If the offline player is of a high level, only a high level drug can knockout him.
- Use the Drug (Knockout Powder) which you bought previously from merchant, on the victim to dope and faint him/her. The chance of success is dependent on the ability difference of your victim and you. If your potential victim is a powerful person, you will likely fail and be stunned for 1 minutes.
- If you are managed to faint him, put him into a sack and start finding a place to sell your victim.
- However, at this moment, your name, your evil deed and your current location will be announced in the public.
- And when you pick up the sack, your speed will be reduced and everyone who attacks you will not receive any punishment. You can also choose to give up the sack and click on "Abandon" in task tracking.
- Anyone who want to be a hero to save a fair lady will come after you, in hope to thwart your kidnapping attempt, or maybe not.
- If anyone manage to kill you while you are trying to make your way to the buyer, the sack with the victim in it will drop on the floor. At this moment, he will have a choice to rescue the victim or continue kidnaping the victim and selling him/her!
- You can sell the person you kidnapped to an NPC merchant, or you can enter "My Jianghu" to find Blackheart Merchant to sell the person. These Blackheart Merchant will walk around in all the major towns and cities, and they are willing to pay a higher price.
What do I get from kidnapping?
- You will be rewarded in-game money by selling the victim, while you get nothing for rescuing besides a public announcement that you did so. The money you get will depend on the ability of the victim. NPC will pay more if you sell him a powerful player.
- After selling the victim to a buyer, no NPC would buy a victim from you for 1 hour (to prevent you to farm kidnapping).
- There are a few interesting scenario which have been tested out by my friends. For example, if you try to sell a man (male) to the brothel, the NPC will actually said "What do i need a guy for, this is a brothel!", reject it and chase you out. If you try to to kidnap someone who is currently working in the mine, and sell it back to the boss of the mine, he will said "Why did you kidnap my man!!!", reject it and scold you for kidnapping his worker.
- However, kidnapping will increase your Evil Deed Value while saving someone will increase your Good Deed Value. For example, i have 40 points of good deed and 1 point in evil deed (yes, i am good person in game ^_^).
- These values are important parameters to trigger Miracle Encounter/Hidden Quest for certain NPC. Normally these quest will give extremely rare skill books, powerful items and crafting recipe. Depending on the nature of the NPC itself, certain NPC prefer to give these hidden quest to a person with high evil deed value while others prefer a person with high good deed value.
- No forgetting, there are additional punishment for players who joined the good side in game, namely Shaolin, Emei and Wudang or the neutral factions such as Scholar, Tang Men and Beggar's Sect. These schools impose various rules on their members. Failure to abide by them will earn you Punishment Point.
- Kidnapping is one of those act that will get you 10 punishment point. If you belong to any of these schools and accumulate 100 Punishment Point, you will be punished by your school and forced to repent (not able to do anything besides kneeling for a certain amount of time).
What happen to the victim?
As for the victim, the fact that he was kidnapped will appear in his offline activity log. Morever, since he was sold, he will need to do forced labour without renumeration if he went offline for a certain amount of time. In other words, he will NOT be able to take up normal jobs for earning in-game gold for afew hours if he was kidnapped while he went offline (see the figure below). He could either pay some ingame gold to release himself from the forced labour or just wait till the time is over.
Other player can save you from the forced labour by paying a certain of amount of money while you are offline too. This act of kindness will earn himself a good deed point.
How to Locate NPC's who will pay you for Kidnapped Players
Shortcut Button: N